Friday, July 13, 2012

High Five for Friday


It's again Friday (how can't it be?!) so it's time for another link-up post with Lauren from From My Frey Desk. The five top things since last Friday were...

1. Blueberry cake with rye crisp crust

Photo from here
My word, this was some good cake! It definitely deserves to be on my list to be made again (and again!).

2. Visiting my home town and family



We spent a couple of days in Raahe, where I grew up. We got to meet some of my family and had a really nice time. My mom gave me some pieces from her fabric reserve, yay! Hopefully I manage to make something wearable out of them.

3. The dress

Photo from here
I'm kind of repeating my blog posts here, but... I really do rank this dress as one of the best things since last H54F! I really hope the weather brightens and warms up a little again, so I can wear it without freezing... (and that to happen preferably before NEXT summer...) I really like the casual style and that it can be worn alone and with a pair of leggings.

4. Leivotaan magazine



Someone in Finland has finally realized there hasn't been a magazine dedicated just to baking. Leivotaan (Let's bake) is now on its fourth issue ever and has been coming out every couple of months since last November. Every issue features 75 recipes, both sweet and savory, and other baking related info and articles. I have bought all of the four issues and consider placing a subscription. The newest issue came to the markets last week and I bought it on Sunday to be read in the car while traveling north. I baked a focaccia bread with potatoes in the dough and cherry tomatoes on top with mom and it was delicious as well as the experience being one of my favorite on our visit.

5. BisBis licorice



We also bought this kind of box of BisBis filled licorice on Sunday. We usually don't get these bigger boxes in stores, mostly only the tax-free shops on cruise ships have them. So we jumped at the chance! This is a very good filled licorice. Luckily, there's still plenty of them left!

That's it for this week's high fives!

2 comments:

  1. what a scrumptuous cake! i found you in h54f and followed you via GFC.

    Jen
    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! Thanks for following! I'm heading over to check out your blog :)

      Delete