Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

Taken in WA in 2010
I'm not an American, but for a long while I have wanted to be in the USA during 4th of July to take in the fun associated with that holiday. No, it didn't happen this year, but I decided to celebrate it nevertheless. I wanted to bring out the red, white and blue as well as stars and stripes in my outfit and picnic decorations.

All set and ready to go! Wearing my wanted-to-be Socialite Skirt.

I know many Americans go on picnics on the Independence Day and so I hosted one yesterday. A friend hinted me a beautiful spot by the lake and that's where we set up our camp for the evening. The weather was gorgeous! The sun was shining the whole time and it finally felt like summer after a mild June.


I made some food to serve (I made the mudcake and the focaccias) and then some of my guests brought food with them as well. Everything was yummy!


I went for the first swim this summer, it was so refreshing. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves and we had a nice time. Sooner than it seemed possible it was time to pack our stuff and head home after a wonderful summer evening with friends.




I was well satisfied with how everything went and plan to hopefully make a tradition out of my little 4th of July picnic!

The happy host

No comments:

Post a Comment