Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vermont Apple Pie



I guess it might be illegal to post about Thanksgiving in December. But I still wanted to share these photos with you. Thanksgiving isn't celebrated in Finland, but because I'm an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher, I'm a sucker for this holiday and always try to notice it in my personal life some way or another. (This year I did some Thanksgiving stuff with my pupils too, which was fun and I'll definitely keep the tradition going in the future.)
I took a little shortcut with this Vermont Apple Pie and used a store bought pie crust instead of making my own.  I only decided to make this on the day, after work, and the self-made pie crust would have needed to chill for at least four hours. I just didn't have the time for that, if I wanted to savor this on Thanksgiving Day. Next time when I'm making this, however, I will make my own crust, it's worth it to taste that buttery goodness with the beautiful fall flavors. The store bought was good too, just not as good. This tasty pie lasts for quite a while in our family of two, but it's no problem as I really liked the days when I got home from work, had dinner and said to my hubby: 
- "I think there's still some apple pie left in the fridge, would you like a slice?"

No comments:

Post a Comment