Friday, December 14, 2012

High Five for Friday


Yay, it's Friday! The last "real" work week this year has ended! I only have some finishing up left next week before heading off to Christmas break! Much awaited one!

Photobucket

So, there must be some really good things to share from this week then, right? That's my I'm revealing my High Five for Friday and linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk.

Number one: Cookie Exchange


I hosted my 2nd annual Cookie/Goodie Exchange this Tuesday. Altogether eight women gathered in our home bringing different kinds of holiday goodies to share with others. This is my contribution of White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood.

***

Number two: Christmas tree mat



I got this mat for our Christmas tree yesterday. Tomorrow we are bringing in the tree!!! Can't wait!

***

Number three: Done with grading!


Such a happy thought!

***

Number four: Holiday greetings



We've received a couple Christmas cards already and I am expecting more next week. I also got some chocolate from a workmate, the gesture made me feel warm inside.

***

Number five: Rainy Day Seattle Hat


Photo from here
I'm not sure what the correct term for the technique this hat is made in is, please help me out, if you know. Is this intarsia or fair isle technique? Anyway, I think this would be such a cute project to start learning multiple colored pattern knitting. I would be proud to wear Seattle skyline on my head :)


Hope you have a relaxing weekend to look forward to!

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from H54F.
    I love the hat too! I don't know how to knit, and I'm just relatively new to crochet... but would love to find a pattern for something like that!
    Also, the cookies look delicious. I did a test batch this week for my cookie exchange that's on Sunday. I'm making chocolate chip nutella candy cane cookies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Laura!

      I'm glad you've found crocheting! Knitting isn't too hard either, although I have yet to try that kind of patterned knitting as in the hat. Hope you have fun at your cookie exchange! Your cookies sure sound delish! Cookie exchanges aren't common in Finland, I guess it's an American things, but all who came to mine loved the idea and I hope had good fun too! :)

      Delete